Hofman-Bang coat of arms




Hofman-Bang Family





to the Hofman-Bang  Family website! The purpose of this site is to document the history and events of the Hofman-Bang family, its members and other connected families. 
>> Read more

 arrow_blue Hofman-Bang
 arrow_blue Bang
 arrow_blue Hofman
 arrow_blue Malling
 arrow_blue Pontoppidan 








Lynderupgaard - Story

is situated in Lynderup parish, Viborg county on Jutland. The main building consists of three wings with two floors built in the shape of an U towards the south. The buildings are surrounded by a moat. The estate belonged to the Viborg church up until the reformation. The oldest building on the premises dates back to the 13th century. The north wing, erected in bindningsvaerk is from this period although the other wings were built around 1700. The families Skram and Rosenkrantz were among the first owners of Lynderupgaard from 1582 to 1601. Another early owner was Verner Parsberg who owned the estate from 1607 until his death in 1643. His name is inscribed in a beautiful altarpicture in Lynderup church. Alongside his name are the coat of arms of Parsberg and Agathe Seefeld. Jens Reenberg owned Lynderupgaard in the early 1700:s and he donated a bell to the church, produced by Carpar Kønic, Viborg. From about 1743 to 1763 the estate was owned by Johannes Juulson and his wife Maria Catharina Poulson. During the 1800:s, the estate came into the hands of the Kieldsen family who also owned the Lerkenfeld estate. In 1981, Kield Kieldsen sold Lynderupgaard to Hans Peter Egeskov who sold it on to Ole Philipsen in 1988. The current owners are Ove Glerup who purchased it in 1995. He and his wife have spent over 15 million dkr to renovate the estate over the years. Niels Poulsen, husband of Gertrud Hofman, owned Lynderupgaard in the years 1735-1744.

                                                                 © www.hofman-bang.net - 1999-2024