Hofman-Bang coat of arms




Hofman-Bang Family





to the Hofman-Bang  Family website! The purpose of this site is to document the history and events of the Hofman-Bang family, its members and other connected families. 
>> Read more

 arrow_blue Hofman-Bang
 arrow_blue Bang
 arrow_blue Hofman
 arrow_blue Malling
 arrow_blue Pontoppidan 








Story - Astrup

The history of the Astrup estate goes back to the 15th century. In those times it was owned by a man called Rigild Puge. Later, it came into the hands of the Juel family. Their coat of arms can be seen in Grinderslev church. The first Juel owner was Iver Juel in the year 1460. His son Kjeld took over and died in 1556. A brother of his, Niels Kjeldsen Juel was the next owner. He was a very rich man who extended large loans to the Crown. He died in 1573 and his son Kjeld Iversen took over but was to become the last Juel on Astrup. The estate went to a relative of his in 1606 - Kjeld Brockenhuus. He sold the estate to Christoffer Friis in 1622. The Friis family would own the estate for over 100 years to follow. Astrup was sold in 1714 to Christoffer Kruse and after him a long list of owners followed. In 1723, it was bought by Christiane Barbara Rantzau who only two years after gave the estate to her son Johan Parsberg. He died in 1730 and in 1735 the estate was bought by Claus Reventlow who kept the estate for 15 years. The next owner was Peder Malling, father of Ove Malling. Today, the estate is owned by Inger Staalsen and Aage Christiansen. (Source:  Flemming Vestmark)

                                                                 © www.hofman-bang.net - 1999-2024